Signposting For Southampton
This is a collection of resources we have compiled for our patients to refer to; you may have found this by chance, or been shown this by your doctor during an appointment. We hope these resources are of help to you.
Drugs & Alcohol Misuse
- Southampton Drug & Alcohol Recovery Service (DARS): Drop in centre runs at The Carronades, 2 New Road, Southampton SO14 0AA. Telephone 023 8071 7171
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- FRANK: friendly, confidential drugs advice
Victims of Crime, Violence and Abuse
- IRIS Southampton: supporting victims of Domestic Violence. Telephone: 023 812 0744
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: Telephone 0844 8044 999
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 24 hours helpline. Freephone: 0808 200 0247
- Respect: help & support for men who suffer from Domestic Violence, and also for perpetrators of Domestic Violence. Freephone: 0808 802 4040
- Survivors UK: help for male rape & sexual abuse. Telephone: 020 3598 3898 (Monday-Friday, office hours)
- Yellow Door (formerly known as Southampton Rape Crisis): General enquiries line: 023 8063 6312
- Age UK Southampton: a local charity providing support and services to older people, and those who care for them living in the City of Southampton.
- Alzheimer's Society: Local/Regional branch is based at 40 Chamberlayne Road, Eastleigh, SO50 5JH. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 023 8061 0159
- Communicare: a friendly, local charity that enriches the quality of the lives of lonely & isolated people in & around Southampton.
- Dementia UK: Helping families face dementia. Helpline: 0800 888 6678
- Driving: Keep yourself safer on the roads with an easy to do self-assessment here
- Independent Age
- The Silver Line: The Silver Line operates the only confidential, free helpline for older people across the UK that’s open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Telephone: 0800 4 70 80 90
- Southampton City Council Health & Social Care: includes access to services such as setting up a key safe and Careline (home pendant alarm).
Sexual Health, Sexuality & Contraception
- Let's Talk About It: get information and access to our local sexual health clinics. You can order home self-test kits for commonly screen STIs here. Telephone 0300 300 2016
- FPA (family planning association): you can find helpful patient information leaflets regarding contraceptive options.
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS): information relating to abortions, contraception and vasectomy.
- No Limits: this is a service designed for young people.
- Cancer Research UK
- Macmillan: Macmillan are able to support you and help you take back some control in your life with a diagnosis of cancer. From help with money worries and advice about work, to someone who’ll listen if you just want to talk, they are here. Telephone: 0808 808 00 00
- Wessex Cancer Trust: regional Charity and organisation who are equipped to provide information, support and a listening ear. They have a team of specialist counsellors there to help deal with the emotional impact of cancer and access to complementary therapies aiming to improve wellbeing, help with pain management and increase self-confidence.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.