How to order a repeat prescription
Please use the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions during Covid-19 pandemic
- We require 72 hours notice for repeat and non-urgent hospital prescriptions to be processed. Prescription requests received after 12 noon will begin to be processed the following day. Please allow extra time for weekends and Bank Holidays. The time taken to dispense your medication will depend on your pharmacy.
- Prescription requests can be made up to two weeks in advance of when they are due. If you submit requests more than two weeks in advance these requests will be rejected, unless there is a reason eg. you are going on holiday. If there is a reason for an early request please state this.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not run out of your medications. However, if you run out of medication outside of our opening hours you can contact your regular dispensing pharmacy and ask for an emergency supply. Please then submit a prescription request in the usual way as soon as possible.
You can ask for a repeat prescription in any of the following ways:
- Online via the NHS app or via your patient access login.
- By calling into the surgery in person during opening hours and placing your request in our repeat prescription box.
- By posting your request through the secured letter box located to the right of the main entrance to the surgery.
- By post, including a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
Please note we do not take prescription requests by telephone, as this is shown to increase the risk of errors.
Please do not ask anyone under 16 years to collect a prescription.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to contact a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications. You will be notified when this is due. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Oral Contraceptive Pills (OCP)
At the time of submitting a request for the oral contraceptive, you need to provide a weight and blood pressure reading. Machines are available in our waiting room anytime during our opening hours. Please record these measurements and attach them with your prescription request.
Please note the prescription desk closes at 6.00pm daily.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.